Monday, April 20, 2009

Having just read the commentary of the Vril Compenium 10, I have set up a variant of an experiment described in the text. The experiment basically entails consciously gazing at an object for about 15 minutes and watching the emanations and other 'eidetic' (Read: Literally seen) effects. Vassilatos calls for using a large piece of iron that is either grounded or near the ground. Instead, I used a home-made orgonite cone (copper, resin, a few quartz crystals) wrapped with a single loop of fine steel cable both ends of which were grounded to 10" steel pipes which I had pounded into the ground at the base of 2 large trees.

I saw some of the phenomena which he describes.

1) The object appears to go transparent.
2) The object becomes surrounded in a sort of black radiance the appearance of which is like an after-image except that it's position is tied to the object and not to a particular location in my visual field.
3) A friend observed a white puff of smoke and the appearance of 'heat contours'.

Next up, I will try an experiment he describes in the Vril Compendium 9 which involves holding a carbon rod (trying a 14mm diameter piece of drawing charcoal) in one hand and a steel rod (trying a piece of pipe) in the other hand while standing in flowing water. In this case I will be using the Atlantic Ocean (Gulf of Mexico). In any case, with the rods aligned on certain intuitively determined axes, I am supposed to experience a 'thrilling current'. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. I am that friend and can confirm and expound on what I saw. The heat contours and balck radiance were the first things noticed by me followed shortly by what has been described as a puff of smoke. It was more like the smoke rolling off of an incense cone or stick than a puff, and disappeared after 1 or 2 seconds. The disappearance or transparency of the object was not noticed at first, but did seem to reoccur time and again and in less time as the experiment contiuned. The smoke and heat contours happened almost immediately and I never noticed them again. The transparency occured several times throughout.

    ReplyDelete